Each chemo appointment with the medical oncologist feels the same: we talk about the last chemo, talk about what to expect for the next chemo, then she gives me mardi gras beads so I'll take off my shirt. Before I go, I make sure I know:
- What are my medication marching orders?
- What can I eat? What should I avoid?
- What can I do? What should I avoid?
- What are common side effects and when should I call the doctor?
- When should I expect to start feeling better?
Each time, I remember that getting harsh chemicals injected straight into your veins ... it sounds pretty metal.