When we don't want to do another topic, because this sh*t is hard. Mimi and Leanna discuss difficulties of the cancer life, featuring fatigue and boredom.
How do you talk to someone with cancer? Leanna and Mimi discuss.
- People are going to say dumb things to cancer patients. It is inevitable.
- People are trying to relate to your worst thing with their worst thing.
- Supportive silence can be golden
- Have strategies to end a conversation you don't want to have.
- Weaponized crying
- "I really can't talk about this right now"
What is your cancer brand? Mimi and Leanna discuss how social media can impact your cancer story.
- The people you invite to the party should bring something to the table.
- Power outfits for treatments (when else can I dress up like a unicorn?).
- How you tell your story affects your experience.
- Sharing your experience with others can help others and can help YOU.
What do you do when you get diagnosed with cancer? Hear us discuss discovery and coping with the cancer news.
- Tell who you want
- Delegate who you can
- Don't make decisions you don't have to make
- People are going to have crazy reactions
- Be kind to yourself--you are in shock
- Let people help you
- Get over the blame game--it's misdirected anger and a waste of energy
- Find mindless happiness or distraction--YouTube has hours of silly cat videos